StefanI run things around here
Hi. My name is Stefan.
I lived in a few places and learned to speak a few languages.
So my mother tongue is German. My family is German, I was born in Germany and lived there until I was 7. My English, however, is pretty much on the same level – I went to English-speaking schools all my life and then to university in the UK, plus I lived in the USA for a time as well. Then there’s French, which I learned while living in Belgium, France, and Switzerland, and am fairly fluent in. Last but not least, I’m also a competent speaker of Mandarin Chinese, having studied it at university level for 4 years, including an exchange year in Shanghai. I can also speak basic Spanish and bits of Japanese, Russian, Korean and Bahasa Indonesia, but it’ll be a while before those I add any of those to my working languages…
Then I went to university.
- Master’s degree in Applied Translation Studies with French and German – Merit – from University of Leeds (GB) in 2010
- Bachelor’s Honors degree in Linguistics with Chinese – 2:1 – from University of Newcastle (GB) in 2006
- HSK, the Chinese Proficiency Test – level 4 – administered by China National Office for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language in Shanghai (CHN) in 2005
Now, languages are my work.
How did I end up in this line of work, you ask?
Well, one day my friend called me up and asked if I wanted to translate his website, because “you know, you speak German and that”. I said yes, and ended up enjoying it a lot more than the other job I had at the time. It was the start of something…
Now we're speaking the same language!
- Specializing in: games & video games, arts, literature & poetry, humanitarian, journalism, administrative, marketing, travel & tourism, linguistics, sports & fitness, clothing
- Support for wide a range of file formats using computer-assisted translation tools and other translation memory software
- For texts with target language German or English
- Available for previously translated as well as monolingual texts
- copy writing
A few facts
Professional translator, respects deadlines, smooth communication. Thank you, Stefan!
Competent, reliable and very accurate.
Votre traduction me semble très bien !
It’s a very clean, very smooth translation, and I had only a handful of quibbles. Great job!
DanielaSt. Martin's Press