StefanI run things around here
Hi. My name is Stefan.
I lived in a few places and learned to speak a few languages.
So my mother tongue is German. My family is German, I was born in Germany and lived there until I was 7. My English, however, is pretty much on the same level – I went to English-speaking schools all my life and then to university in the UK, plus I lived in the USA for a time as well. Then there’s French, which I learned while living in Belgium, France, and Switzerland, and am fairly fluent in. Last but not least, I’m also a competent speaker of Mandarin Chinese, having studied it at university level for 4 years, including an exchange year in Shanghai. I can also speak basic Spanish and bits of Japanese, Russian, Korean and Bahasa Indonesia, but it’ll be a while before those I add any of those to my working languages…
Then I went to university.
- Master’s degree in Applied Translation Studies with French and German – Merit – from University of Leeds (GB) in 2010
- Bachelor’s Honors degree in Linguistics with Chinese – 2:1 – from University of Newcastle (GB) in 2006
- HSK, the Chinese Proficiency Test – level 4 – administered by China National Office for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language in Shanghai (CHN) in 2005
Now, languages are my work.
How did I end up in this line of work, you ask?
Well, one day my friend called me up and asked if I wanted to translate his website, because “you know, you speak German and that”. I said yes, and ended up enjoying it a lot more than the other job I had at the time. It was the start of something…
Now we're speaking the same language!
- Specializing in: games & video games, arts, literature & poetry, humanitarian, journalism, administrative, marketing, travel & tourism, linguistics, sports & fitness, clothing
- Support for wide a range of file formats using computer-assisted translation tools and other translation memory software
- For texts with target language German or English
- Available for previously translated as well as monolingual texts
- copy writing
A few facts
It’s a very clean, very smooth translation, and I had only a handful of quibbles. Great job!
DanielaSt. Martin's Press
Thank you very much for meeting our tight deadlines.
Competent, reliable and very accurate.
Professional translator, respects deadlines, smooth communication. Thank you, Stefan!